Stay Warm This Winter
Top Tips to Remember when Considering Energy Efficiency Measures for your Home
• Keep up to date on grants available. To find out more about current energy efficiency schemes, contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282;
• Take your time to read through all of the provided literature before agreeing to the work to make sure you know what you are signing up for;
• Think about who you are paying. Never pay the lead generator for an energy efficiency assessment over the telephone;
• Always check whether a company offering energy efficiency measures meets Government requirements for funding by contacting Home Energy Scotland;
• Be cautious of any pop ups appearing on social media saying that you have qualified for Government funded energy efficiency measures;
• If you are in receipt of benefits, you may be eligible for funding towards energy saving measures;
• If an assessor states that all improvements will be free, ask for information on which grant or Government funding they are using in writing;
• Likewise, ask for confirmation in writing as to whether additional finance is required to fund the improvements;
• Get clarity on repayments and ask for a breakdown of these in writing;
• Know your cancellation rights. Even if you initially agree to improvements you have a 14 day cooling off period from the date of signing the agreement to cancel at no cost to yourself;
• To complain about an organisation offering energy efficiency measures contact the Citizens advice Consumer Helpline on 0345040506; and finally
• To find out how to make your home warmer and cut your fuel bills this winter contact the Home Energy Scotland Helpline.
There are no current news articles to display.